Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Library Thing #11

I have had a LT account for about a year. I have a small eclectic collection in my home library of books on scripts, history of the alphabet, calligraphy and books on books and reading. I added them to LibraryThing b/c I wanted to see how many people had similar titles and then I wanted to sneak into their libraries and wander around. I have since added some of my children's collection. My statistic for least and most shared books in my burgeoning catalog: Angela's Aliens (2), Harry Potter #7 18,092. One feature I had not explored before and I was delighted with is connecting with authors who have their libraries on LT and lo and behold the YA author John Green (author of Looking for Alaska--one of my favorite audio books) has his 1,023 item library here. I was shocked to discover that he is also a huge illustrator for Dover Books--coloring books etc.--He goes by "sparksflyup" I also checked out libraries that use LibraryThing. The Claremont Colleges (1 of which I attended in the early 70's) uses LibraryThing tags in their catalog--take a look
The Deschutes Public Library in Oregon looks like it catalogs using LibraryThing.
A Horizon Dynix Library in Colorado uses LT tags and Recommended titles.
Tagmash: I searched "children's fiction" and "faerie" and got the top 106 titles. I was pleased to see that LT also searched faeries and faery and fairies.

No comments: