Friday, May 16, 2008

23 Things done


What a tremendous CONNECTOR this was. I had not felt this kind of OCL team spirit and solidarity in a while and that we also learned new skills and challenged ourselves while helping each other was icing on the cake. Personally, I really liked reading staff blogs. I have started using YouTube to enhance my lifelong learning toolbox. I feel less tentative about trying new things even if they have no immediate application. I am definitely feeling the paradigm shift from information professional behaving as a single searcher in the vastness and impersonality of cyberspace to social being relying on social networks and "groups" to help find, combine, evaluate and deliver information.
Web 2.0 is social network building and enhanced web content and apps.

Web 3.0 will be a "semantic-based" web. This new web will be restructured as a language I guess so that the computer can read it and process the information. The computer will be able to perform some of the mundane tasks of information gathering, finding and bundling that is currently done by people.

Hmmm
well I still play with (paper)paper dolls and I use the web to find them, print them, share them and play online with them. I can see that the image of librarians is changing thank goodness and our tools are evolving but we still need books and each other. Thank you OCL Webthings Challenge team. What a great effort for all of us!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Miss Pea!