Friday, May 16, 2008

Thing #21-PeaPodcasts

I journeyed to podcast.com and searched on "gardening" I was unsuccessful in further refining my search by typing in New Jersey or Zone 7 but since there were only 90 or so results I slogged through and selected one called Greenman Radio. I listened for a few minutes. It is a radio mail in show so the voice answered listener's questions. The greenman's voice was a little annoying but the info was good and directions thorough. I then wanted to get a sense of the range of podcasts available on the site b/c I was surprised there weren't more offerings on gardening so I went into podcast.com music folder and found something called Deadpod. These are radio shows (radio station from Columbus MO podcast a week ago)that feature sets from Grateful Dead concerts. The one I listened to was a concert the Dead did
August 29, 1980 at The Spectrum in Philadelphia. Having been a fan NOT a deadhead in the 70's this was music to my ear. This was a pleasure.

I then searched "knitting" and listened to a podcast from "Stash and Burn" wherein an addicted knitter talks herself through a 12 step program. Comforting.

Pod and vodcasting have such tremendous potential as training and teaching tools for OCL.

Like bloglines, I would not go to podcast.com to search for podcasts to subscribe to. If I found podcasts while surfing the Internet I would retrieve them that way.

No comments: