Friday, May 16, 2008

ListenupNJ #22

I tried twice on 2 different computers at work and was unsuccessful. I was able to download the initial software but then the computer would not download the audiobook I selected b/c my version of windows media player had not been updated and I did not have the credentials to do so. In the other instance I was unable to download the book because it was in 6 parts and each part took a minimum of 10 minutes to download and this on a computer without speakers! I browsed children's fiction looking for a short picture book but everything I found was already checked out. I love audio books and I am always listening to a book on CD in my car. I still have to get used to the idea that I will soon be an mp3 player owner and that I may just have to get over my aversion to sticking little things in my ear. I would be willing to download the software to my home computer once I get my player.
I love the idea of OCL offering this resource and I think once I get better at using it I can help patrons through the initial frustrating steps.

No comments: